Saturday, April 7, 2012

Never Without Love

My life was over,  Or so it had seemed, I said my goodbyes, And I silently screamed.


I knew it was wrong,  But it just felt so right, When sadness creeps in, It puts up a fight.

I went into the kitchen, I looked all around,  I saw what I needed, My heart started to pound.

I tested the edge, As I picked up the knife, I placed it over my wrist, As I went over my life.

I had no one to leave, Nobody who cared, A small little girl,Could certainly be spared.

The phone started to ring, And I suddenly knew, I don't really know how, But it had to be you.

I slowly walked over, And picked up the phone, In that moment I'd never felt more alone.

You begged me to stop, To not do what I would, I said nothing at all, I don't think that I could.

You cried and you pleaded, And I didn't know how, I had missed it so long,But I finally saw now.

You may think life is hopeless, That there's no help from above, But as long as you have friends, You'll always have love.

No comments: